Ukrainian Refugees - Resource Links
DLUHC has today (15 August) updated the learn to speak, read and write English: Homes for Ukraine guidance, which includes added details on the government funding for STEP Ukraine, an English language and employment support programme for up to 10,000 Ukrainians across the UK. Enrolment to the programme is on a rolling basis, those interested are encouraged to register as soon as possible to secure a place in the programme.
The aim of STEP Ukraine is to help Ukrainians improve their English language skills and gain new employment or employment more in line with their skill level through the provision of English language training and employment support. The STEP Ukraine programme is delivered by World Jewish Relief in partnership with the British Council.
Hertfordshire with Ukraine Website
The Hertfordshire with Ukraine Website contains a wealth of information for sponsors and also Ukrainian guests, as well as links to lots of additional information.
Hertfordshire County Council:
British Red Cross:
Government resources (Gov.uk): Homes for Ukraine:
- Homes for Ukraine scheme
- Homes for Ukraine: register your interest
- Homes for Ukraine: frequently asked questions
- Homes for Ukraine: factsheet for Ukrainians
- Homes for Ukraine: guidance for councils in England
Resources produced by not-for-profit organisations and charities:
- Support and information for people affected by the crisis in Ukraine
- Bringing family members from Ukraine to the UK
- Homes for Ukraine: Connecting refugees with sponsors across the UK
Reset Communities and Refugees
- Finding family in Ukraine
- Benefits for resettled Ukrainians
Child Poverty Action Group