Data Protection for Non-Profit Organisations (FREE WEBINAR)
Many of you are now offering new forms of service delivery online- have you reviewed how you are safeguarding your service user information, since making this transition to delivering online services? The webinar will give a brief overview of data protection law and the obligations this places on organisations that process people’s personal data. It will also cover some of the prevalent threats to digital data processing, and how to apply basic data security and privacy compliance principles to business operations. Session includes plenty of opportunities for attendees to ask relevant questions and discuss solutions.
By the end of the session, participants will:
- Have a broad basic understanding of the definition of personal and special category data, along with the obligations the law places on organisations that process people’s data;
- Have a basic grasp of why information is important, and the various common risks to personal data that may arise through everyday business operations;
- Recognise the broader implications that organisations face as a result of poor employee behaviours towards information security;
- Know how to apply a basic online and data processing risk evaluation mindset to everyday safety and security as part of their roles
- Understand how broader business policies, underpinned by the law, may be applied to them as workers and employees when they are breached