North Herts CVS (NHCVS) aims to provide its members, organisations and individuals with the best possible service.
However, we recognise that from time to time there may be occasions when users of our services feel that the quality or level of service provided falls short of what they could reasonably expect.
Similarly, we are always grateful to receive compliments and constructive feedback, so that we can continue to improve our service.
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us identify and address problems and to develop good practice.
You can find a copy of our Complaints Policy here (this policy sets out how we will deal with complaints).
- The complaint should be made in writing to the Executive Director, who will acknowledge in writing within 7 days the receipt of any complaint. If your complaint concerns the behaviour of a specific member of staff please post your complaint to the Executive Director at NHCVS marking the envelope ‘Private and Confidential'.
- The Executive Director shall (in consultation with the Chair of the Board of Trustees) undertake to investigate the circumstances leading to the complaint.
- The Executive Director shall communicate the results of the investigation to the complainant within a reasonable time, normally 21 days.
- The complainant shall have the right, if dissatisfied with the results of the inquiry, to put his/her case in writing directly to the Board of Trustees.
- The Board of Trustees shall be regularly informed by the Executive Director of the number and nature of any complaints and the outcome.
- The decision of the Board of Trustees will be final.
Freedom of Information Requests
We want to help you to find the information you are interested in.
Before you make a Freedom of Information Act request please check that the information you would like is not already available.
Request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
How it works:
Requests must be in writing and must include your name and an address (either postal or email). Please try to be as specific as possible about the information that you would like, as this will help us to respond accurately and promptly. Where possible, please include a contact telephone number so that we can contact you to discuss your request if necessary.
Please note that we cannot accept requests via SMS (text messages).
We will respond to your request promptly and within 20 working days.
The Act allows us to extend this deadline if we need to clarify your request with you, if we are charging you a fee, or if we are considering the public interest test.
We will always acknowledge receipt of FOI requests made to the address below, and we will let you know if we need to extend the deadline.
Request for information under the Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives individuals a right to request access to personal information held about themselves. Like the right to information under the Freedom of Information Act, the right under the Data Protection Act is subject to exemptions which may affect our ability to supply information; each case will be dealt with on an individual basis.
There is a standard fee of £20 for this service, to cover the cost of time spent searching out the information; printing and cost of postage to send the information on by way of recorded delivery, if the cost would exceed this standard amount, you will be contacted before the request continues to inform you of this and of the expected cost.
For Data Protection Act requests you will also need to supply copies of two forms of identification to ensure that we are only supplying personal information to the person it pertains to.
To make a request for information, or to enquire about the Data Protection Act please contact:
Technical Services Coordinator
North Herts CVS
Unit 30, Campus Five
Letchworth Garden City,