The one day course is designed to achieve a basic level of emergency aid and be able to take charge of first aid arrangements.
Participants completing this course will understand the role of a first aider including:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency situation
- Knowing how to perform the key first aid techniques i.e.:
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty that is suffering from shock
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
About a the Trainer
Paul MacArthur is currently at Safety and Health Ltd and has a wealth of experience and knowledge to be able to deliver Health and Safety services to meet your specific needs. Paul also has NEBOSH certificates in Health & Safety, Construction Health & Safety and Fire Safety & Risk Management.
£35 VCS – CVS members
£45 VCS - non members
£90 - private/statutory
How to Book:
Please, CLICK HERE to book your place.