How we use data
We are committed to protecting your privacy. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified, you can be sure that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. These rules conform in all respects to the relevant British and EU data-protection laws.
Collecting and using data
- We will collect and store information about you or your organisation if you complete one of our online forms or use our contact form. We need this information to understand your needs and provide you with an effective service.
- We are committed to ensuring that any information you supply is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
- You have the right to see any information about you that we hold in a retrieval system such as a computer database or paper index system. You have the right to challenge us about this information and have it changed or removed.
- We may compile statistical data from time to time using the data we have recorded but this will never include references to you as an individual.
- In order to keep you up to date with information and events we may include you in our mailing list or email distribution lists.
- Using the information you have supplied, we will try to match you with volunteering opportunities that appear to suit your preferences and availability.
- If we find a match we will contact you with the details of the volunteering opportunity. You can then decide if you would like to become involved. If not, we will continue to look for volunteering opportunities that you may be interested in.
- We will never give anyone your personal details. However, as part of our aftercare and for statistical purposes we may contact an organisation to learn whether you have taken up an opportunity; necessarily we will have to mention your name when doing so but we will provide no other details.
Some organisations require that a DBS (previously CRB) check be carried out on anyone who wishes to volunteer with them. This is often the case if the volunteering involves working with children or vulnerable persons.
Checks will be made only with your consent and after you have been accepted as a volunteer for an organisation that requires such a check to be made. The cost of the check will be met by the organisation concerned.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. We supply these in the hope that they may be useful to you but we are not responsible for their content.
You can download this policy here
Revised 9th June 2015